*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

My Radio

So at work I listen to Rock 102. It's a decent station (better than 96.1 anyway), and I enjoy listening to today's best rock, with a great mix from the oldies (eagles, zeppelin, the beatles, you name it!)

But there's this on retarded commercial that keeps coming on. I can't stand it, but they just won't give up on it. I think they started airing it sometime before Christmas, and I've hated it since the second time I heard it (the first time was alright, I'll give it that).

Brodie, I'm sure you'll concur, since it's almost annoying as that Pride of Nova Scotia commercial on tv.

Here it goes:

Guy 1 (we'll call him Joe): Hello?
Guy 2 (we'll call him Steve): Hi, is Bob there?
Joe: No, I think he's at work right now.
Steve: Who's this?
Joe: Oh, I'm a low-life burglar doing a b&e.
Steve: A What?
Joe: A break and enter. Seems your pal Bob here doesn't have an ADT security system from Constant Security. Can I take a message?
Steve: Yeah. Tell him to call Constant Security at 373-3733.
Joe: 3-7-3-3. Got it. Gotta go. Gotta go rob Bob!

It's just awful. I can't stand it. It seems to come on all the freakin time too... *sigh* maybe I should start listening to another radio station... wait! Nevermind, all the other stations in Saskatoon suck balls! They don't play Velvet Revolver or Thornley or Collective Soul (by the way, those three bands will be in S'toon over the next couple of months! woo hoo!)

Anyway,
Gotta go! Gotta go rob Bob!

3 comments:

carramrod said...

I gotta admit I laughed out loud when I heard/read the commercial. I like it!
But why is this the first I've heard about Collective Soul?!?! OMG WTF LOL BBQ!?!?!

Mrs. Ramsey said...

lol. i just heard about it yesterday, they'll be in s'toon on may the something something... earlier in the month i believe, if you're interested ;)

carramrod said...

Collective Soul tour dates:
(www.collectivesoul.com)

Winnipeg, May 18th
Burton Cummings Theatre

Saskatoon, May 20th
Prairieland Park

Just a shout out to my homedawgs, even though Ross Childress is no longer gracing us with us presence. But the rest of you boys, I'll be seeing you on the 18th. =)