*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Layla Street Adventure

Ok,
So I'm still in Winnipeg, and boy was today an adventure.

This morning was kicked off by a lovely stop at Evangel Chapel, which, by the way, has one of the nicest sound systems ever! Coincidentally, they're looking for a senior pastor right now (coughtylercough). We played 2 morning services, and they were both awesome. We also had like the best jam session ever, and got to hear Dr. Munk preach. It was intriguing.

Brett and Becca played the part of groupies/roadies again today, and are an integral part of the unfolding of the story that I have for you.

Anyway, they showed up for the second service, and we had dinner downstairs afterwards. I sat next to a man with the most ear hair I've ever seen, and Becca regailed Nici and Jana with our tales of adventure's past. After church, we were free to go for about an hour and a half, so I took off with Becca and Brett to St. Vital Mall and we went to Moxie's for drinks and appetizers (the non-alcoholic kind, guys!). It was good times, but we decided to leave a little bit early so that we would be at the church on time for practise and setup.

Cue to us driving pretty much as far north as you can go on Maine, and then a little ways down Layla Street. We drove for about half an hour. Then we show up at Emmanuel Pentecostal Tabernacle. No one is there. We beat Jason and co! How awesome is that? ...and he was lecturing me of being late! Ha, pft!

Wait a second, there's no other cars here! That sign says the evening service starts at 7, we were told 6... wait, I think that sign is spelled wrong... no... we're at the wrong bloody church!!!!!!! We're supposed to be at Immanuel Pentecostal Church! Fricken frick frick! FRICK!

So a quick check in a phone book, and yep, there's two churches with the same name, but just different spellings. We go for a period of Brett feeling bad about getting the wrong church, and consult a map for directions...

Of course! Immanuel is on the other fricken side of the city! GOSH!

So we went from being exactly on time to exactly an hour late. Winnipeg takes forever to drive across. I thought I was dead meat, Brett felt absolutely horrible, and Becca laughed so hard, I think she may have peeed a little. We decided that today was a story in the making. We had some awesome times being in the wrong end of Winnipeg.

So we get to the church, and Brett still feels bad. Luckily enough, both barrels were not blasting, and the band was understanding, while Becca was still highly amused.

We proceeded to have more supper in the gym at the church, and more stories were swapped, while Sarah revealed her true side that Brett was hoping so much to see.

After church, it was off to BP's, and we enjoyed the fellowship under the banner of peace. (lol). Becca enjoyed telling more tales, and I dropped a piece of pizza in my lap.

Finish the night off with an amazing picture of me and Brett, and another half hour trek across the city, with us taking random pictures of Joe strangling Piper, and here we are, back at the Kendrick's house.

I'm sure Becca and Brett will blog on these events as well, and I encourage you to check out their perspectives on these tales!

Have a good night!

5 comments:

carramrod said...

Crap, you beat me to it!

Anonymous said...

awww, sounds like an enjoyable time...wish i was there! :D luv ya dear! email me k?
ciao
felicia

kastrukoff said...

I concur with Terrin...

kastrukoff said...

I mean.. with Eva... :D

carramrod said...

OK, Sarah Kendrick is on all sorts of crack...