*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Flinger's Experience

So, I went to work, eh?

All in all, it was a pretty fair night. It went by quickly, there weren't many major mishaps, and working with asshole Chris was evened out by working with Amanda and cool Chris. That, and I told asshole Chris to learn how to handcraft jewelry to sell, because he'll never make it as an actor. It felt good.

So anyway, it's about 5 to 10 p.m. (cst, for those of you keeping track), and I cash off my till to do a drawer balance, and then be on my way, when a nice young man asks if there any more condiments for the condiment bar, because he would like some salsa and jalapenos for his nachos. So, I obliged, and thoughtfully made small talk (which I hate) while I dug through the gigantic jars of pickles, saurkraut, and other disgusting toppings. I can't seem to find the jalapenos, and of course, it was in the very last container, which was a large sour cream container, with about the same circumference as a 4L pail of ice cream, but only about 1/4 of the depth, and not very sturdy. So I pick it up, it buckles/collapses, and jalapenos are everywhere! How annoying. So while my arms are burning from the oils of these lovely peppers, I rush to clean up, and get the hell out of there!

My stomach is now rumbling, and I decide to do the unthinkable. I went across the street to Mac's Convenience store in my Sev getup. I felt like Jennifer Aniston in Office Space (am I allowed to wear a sev uniform in a Mac's store?), and I talk to the staff there while I'm getting a sub at the express Subway they have there. Their uniforms are nicer, just a black vest instead of my fricken smock which is a nasty red color, that everything shows up on and stains, the aisles are nicer, lots of coolerspace, the boss looking guy in charge wasn't being all nazi on the customers.

And then it hit me. I love Mac's Convenience Stores. I wish to work in one now. Sev just doesn't do it for me. My feet hurt, my bosses usually have some teensy thing to nitpick at me about, and they are always complaining about me not being as flexable as I should be (even though I've skipped classes and missed church to work). So there was my experience for the day. No more awful advertising, harsh lighting, loud sounds of gas requests (Mac's doesn't have gas pumps), and smelling like deep fried chicken. I must revolt, but not until the fall, I think. I've only got a month left here in Saskatoon, so we'll see when I come back.

There are my thoughts for the day. Later!