*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

My New Crush

Ok,

It's no real secret. I like Jack Johnson, I have for a while. But I just picked up his new cd, which in my humble opinion, is better than his previous On and On (no offense, Stew, but In Between Dreams is my kinda stuff!). I encourage you to pick up his album, because it's one of those cd's you can throw on and listen to all Saturday afternoon while you're relaxing on the couch.

His lyrics are also uber sweet. I love them. I only wish I could express some of those adorable romances he has in his songs...

Check out a song called Do You Remember:


Do you remember when we first met
I sure do
It was some time
In early September
Though you were lazy about it
You made me wait around
I was so crazy about you
I didn't mind
So I was late for class
I locked my bike to yours
It wasn't hard to find
Your painted flowers oh
Guess that I was afraid
That if you rode away
You might not roll back
My direction real soon
Well I was crazy about you then
And now the craziest thing of all
Over 10 years have gone by
And your still mine
Locked in time
Lets rewind

Do you remember
When we first moved in together
The piano took up the living room
You'd play me boogie woogie
I played you love songs
You'd say we're playing house
Now you still say we are
We built our get away
Up in a tree we found
We felt so far away
Though we were still in town
I remember watching
That old tree burn down
I took a picture that
I don't like to look at

Well all these times
They come and go
Along don't seem so long
Over 10 years have gone by
We cant rewind
We're looked in time
But your still mine

Do you remember?


The lyrics are sort of hard to follow without the song. But I love that he's so in love with this girl. It's awesome. Anyway, there's my romantic jargon for the day.

Buy Jack Johnson! (Jump on the bandwagon, Sarah, CONFORM!)

2 comments:

kastrukoff said...

Ter,

I love the Cd. There's always something about a cd when you buy it the day it's released.. so refreshing.

And the song.. well, it's awesome.. but I'd have to say Banana Pancakes beats that one....

"Telephone singing, ringing, it’s too early
Don’t pick it up
We don’t need to
We got everything we need right here
And everything we need is enough
It’s just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow, wake up slow "


Who couldn't like it?

TL said...

I'm with kastrukoff...Stewy picked it up the day it was released...many hours of good times...love banana pancakes...