*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My Copious Cowbell Coaching Capabilities

Alliteration aside, this story truly should be entitled Jana and the Cowbell

You see, as Jana's cowbell coach, it's okay to brag about her every once in a while. Monday night proved to be a fruitful one with our tour continuing in Winnipeg once again at Calvary Temple, this time playing the Link, which is a young adults night at the church (kind of like VCF P&W, but for those crazy Pentecostals).

The second song proved to be a heavy favorite in practise last week when we were rehearsing, but it seemed to be missing something. Then I looked over at Jana's djembe, and there it was. It was like a bright halo above it.... more cowbell. There was much hesitation to my suggestion, but after several Bruce Dickenson lines, and many giggles from Jana, Jason, Sarah, Piper and Nici, we all agreed that the cowbell would be most pleasurable.

But Jana's said skills seemed to be lacking. So I naturally took it upon myself to be her new coach. "MOWAH COWBELL!" I would shout, but she just couldn't get into the groove. So I commandeered the stick from her, and put my hips into it. So that was that. Jana was set to play the cowbell.

Then came practise last night. She needed the oomph. It wasn't there. She must have lost the anointing or something. There was no heart in this cowbell playing. "More!" I would shout, "I gotta have more cowbell, baby!" She seemed to get the point in practise. It was going to be good.

Then came the set. The first song Forever was a little shaky to begin with, but we settled into a nice groove after the conga solo. But it must have been tiring on poor Jana, because she was up to her crazy quiet antics again when it came time for the cowbell to shine

"more, more, MORE, MORE!!!!!!!!!!! C'MON, I GOTTA HAVE MOWAH COWBELL!" Well, along came a verse, and Jana was really into it, and I was off in my corner doing my thing on bass, and I was suddenly startled by something... is that a hunk of wood on my shirt.... wait a second, Jana is panicking, with a broken stick in hand... YES! SHE MEANS IT!!!!!

Jana, Bruce would be proud of your cowbell prowess, as would Blue Oyster Cult. You have made us all proud, and it's a guaranteed 'thumbs up' from the Brett laugh factory.

Have a good night guys! It's good to be in my room at school again, chillin to Jack Johnson's new cd!

3 comments:

kastrukoff said...

Ha... Good Ol' Blue Oyster Cult. And Will Ferell... the cow bell king.

I'm glad you used your mad cowbells to disciple Jana in hers. You will be hinghly rewarded.

Vicki said...

LOL. Terrin. You make me laugh so much.

Does Special have groupies? Can I be one?

We've gotta have more cowbell!!!
lol. sigh. life is good.

Mrs. Ramsey said...

actually, special DOES in fact have groupies! brett and becca! they are awesome groupies, i'm sure you'd be a welcome member to the groupies... we play west side on april 3rd if you're interested! lol