*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Friday, February 18, 2005

My Reading Week

Hey all,
It's currently Friday, and my reading week is sadly, yet quickly coming to a close. It's been a good week of catching up with friends, hanging out with boyfriends (just one, actually), talking with my parents and siblings, and doing homework (I surprised myself by doing some this week!). It makes me crave those four months that I'll get to spend at home after finals in April. There is one thing that annoys me beyond all cohesive thought. Fake people who ask how I'm doing. Here's a list of questions you should avoid asking me if you really don't give a shit about me:

->1. How is school going? (the answer to this question will always be 'fine')

->2. How did midterms go? (they were ok, but I really don't want to talk about them)

->3. When is that special ensemble team coming out this way? (the 27th of Februrary, but I doubt that you'll come)

->4. Would you like to do coffee sometime this week? (only if you call me first, and pay)

->5. What classes are you taking? (synoptic gospels, pentateuch, counselling, history of the christian era and issues in worship leadership, for the 50th time)

->6. Have you found a good church to go to in Saskatoon? (yes, but it's not as good as the dwelling place, and some old lady tries to french me every time I see her)

->7. How's that boyfriend of yours? Did you miss him? (he's likely standing next to me, so you should ask him, and of course I missed him. I wouldn't be standing next to him unless I missed him)

->8. Still playing that/those *insert instrument here*? (yes. I'm at bible college, they may not allow dancing, but i certainly can practise my music!)

->9. Making friends out there? (yes, of course. I'm not a complete recluse, and like most other humans, crave companionship of other people)

->10. When are you going back? (the hopeful answer would be 'never, and they're giving me my degree in April'. but the sad and correct one is after this week, for another 5 or so weeks. hence the term 'reading week')

->11. Are you getting lots of homework done? (sadly yes, but I wish I didn't have any. Thanks for reminding me that I have to work my ass off during the only week I get off this semester)

There you have it. Feel free to ask those questions if you actually do care. But I'm warning you, if you don't I will punch you in the face or balls.....

until next time...

5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh Terrin... you're my hero, I completely concur with your entire blog. I feel your pain my dear.
Don't worry, I won't ask you those questions if I really don't care, I'll probably just tell you that I really don't care! lol. I loved the fact that you spent time with me this week!!! I mean that!

Mrs. Ramsey said...

why didn't i just concur?!

Anonymous said...

Terr,

I feel your pain.. big time.

the illusion of nothing said...

Oh, Terrin, I love reading your blog so very much! It's funny how many people ask so many ass-inine questions. I appreciate your blogging...it is fun and refreshing! And I am killing myself with homework as well! Oh well, I'd always planned on doing missions, now I'll have to live in a hospital bed, getting my ear talked off by people who tell one story five hundred different ways for the rest of my natural life! Damn "break".

Vicki said...

so you getting a lot of work done while your out there?

lol. okay, I know it's not funny... but it did make me smile. I feel your pain about the questions though... I get them ALL the time. I suffered through a half-hour conversation full of them last night (i was searching for a rescuer, but I had been abandoned).

At least people know who you are... my home church is pretty small, AND I'm one of the pastor's kids... but everytime I go home at least one of the old ladies has to walk up to MY SISTER and ask her how she's doing at college (for the record, my sister is 16, still living at home and plays the drums almost every single sunday).

oh dear... I'm beginning to think I might be a little bit bitter if it inspired a rant of this size... lol. jk.

enjoy every moment you have left!