*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, February 14, 2005

My Mad Driving Skillz

Don't freak out. No more accidents... yet.
I was driving home and had an I wonder if anyone else ever does this moment.

You all know the video for Ironic by Alanis Morrisette, right? If you haven't, the jist of it is that she's driving in her car... that's the whole video. That, and she plays about 4 different people sitting in the different seats in the car, but that's irrelevant to the point that I'd like to get across.

My point is that I'm a retard when I drive my car. Lately, the cd of choice has been Billy Talent. I strongly suggest picking it up if you're into good music. And by good I mean awesome! Anyway, I do this a lot with other cd's as well, but tonight seemed stranger than others. Likely because I listened to it last night while I was driving home and certain phrases in songs were stuck to my memory, which also took a snapshot of a specific portion of road I was driving on (it's easy to do that when you've memorized all the surroundings on a 40 minute drive).

Anyway, enough dancing around the bush, Terrin. They want to know when and if this story has a point to it or not! GOSH! What a flippin idiot! lol. Anyway. I was groovin out to the tunes. What's strange about it is that when a song is going on, it sort of feels like a video from my perspective or something. I really hope others can relate, because I don't want anyone sneaking up behind me with a "special" white coat with cool sleeves. So yes, it's like Muchmusic going on in my own head (except I'm playing good music, until it dies and I want to rip it to shreds with my teeth, because I'll die if I hear it one more time, and by die, I mean kill someone... and by kill someone, I mean take them for ice cream). So now that I've made myself vulnerable, please, someone tell me I'm normal. Today's lesson doesn't come with an epiphany, just my thoughts, and strangeness.

If you haven't tried pretending it's your own video while listening to music and driving at the same time, I suggest you try it, you'll make yourself feel important... until you fire your PA for bringing the wrong spring water (you know I can't drink Dasani, the only acceptable drink is Aquafina! GOSH!)


Anyway, that's it for today. Hope yours was grand....

No comments: