*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

(Quit Playin' Games With) My Heart

Ok,

I am the queen of singing awful songs at work, school, and just about anywhere. I started 'The Final Countdown', 'The Immigrant Song' and many others. But tonight was a new low. I sang the Backstreet Boys to our cook, Lyndsay, and dearest Amanda. I can't take all the credit though, because Eva, Nic and I were singing it at the top of our lungs one night to piss Jordan and Joe off. (it only half worked, Jord thought it was hilarious).

Through the midst of the business tonight, I became entrapped and highly annoyed by the 'customer pattern'. For those of you unfamiliar with being a cashier, it gets really repetitive. Check it out:

(customer walks into the store): Hi.
(customer walks to till, I scan items): Beep, beep, beep. Hi, is this everything for you (usually include some cheesy obnoxious upsell that our company insists on us doing)?
Ok, that comes to a total of $5.63. Would you like a bag with that?
Ok, six, and 37 cents is your change. Thank-you, have a good night...
Can I help the next customer?

AGHHHHH! All well. I've become a great multitasker because of it. I took my break tonight at 8, and saw I had some mysterious phone number on my phone, plus two missed calls from my sister (Hi Leslee!). So, I pondered all night about that number. I still haven't called it, because about 85% of the phone calls I get on my cell phone are wrong numbers, or work, and I was at work, so that wouldn't make any sense. Multitasking also allows me to think of insane songs to hum in my head, and eventually force upon fellow staff members, and then of course, cause them to sing in their head and aloud while they're working. It's a vicious cycle, I tells you!

Multitasking also gives me time to think about home too. 8 Days. But then, in 8 days, I won't see Nicole, Jordan, Jana, Jason, or Piper for the next 4 months. No more piping hot dates, no more nachos of doom, no more 'blessing' my friends, no more jamming or special ensemble. *sigh*. It's not sad, because I get to come back, and in exchange for these friends, I get more friends! But it's still an adjustment I'll have to make.

Oh, today (well, Friday) is 10 months too. Another thing to think about while multitasking. 10 months. That's the longest I've ever been in a relationship! (So was 9, 8, 7 and 6, but 10 just means more!). It's so neat to see that things have worked out. For those who don't know, I've done the long distance thing before, and it didn't work out the first time... so having to leave in September was not a pretty sight in my eyes. But Brett's stuck around. He must be after me for my money or something.... just kidding. He's a super great guy, and I care for him a lot! After 10 months, I still get butterflies when I see him, and I still think about the first time we kissed, held hands, went out, all that gooshy stuff. You see, I may appear to be a pretentious tomboy, but underneath it all, I really am a 'closet-girly girl'. It's true. Call the press, I confess. It's true. Anyway, I haven't had more than like 10 minutes of alone time with Brett since February, and when I get home, I can't wait to just hang out and be around him. Not in the scary way though, just 'do stuff'. *sigh*... i don't know if that came off sounding creepy or not.... :S.

Anyway, there's my fleeting thoughts, and often random ramblings. Hopefully I didn't reveal too much. In the celebration of gooshiness, I would like to leave you with the lyrics to my favoritest of gooshy songs, written by Michelle Branch:

If tomorrow never comes
I would want just one thing
I would tell it to the stars and the Sun
I would write it for the world to see

That it's you
The light changes when you're in the room
Oh it's you, oh it's you

If tomorrow never comes
I would want just one wish
To kiss your quiet mouth
Retrace your steps with my fingertips

Oh it's you
The light changes when you're in the room
Oh it's you, oh it's you

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you kiss???!!!

Mrs. Ramsey said...

....no?

kastrukoff said...

liar!!!!!

Becca said...

I've seen it! Ewwww..... :D
Luv ya Ter!

Mrs. Ramsey said...

joe, you are fricken hardcore!!!!

carramrod said...

You?
Creepy?
Never...