*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Thursday, April 07, 2005

My Warning to You All!

LOL.

So this is the email devotion I got today. I thought maybe I should start paying attention to it, since it's close to checkout time here. Maybe some of you will find it useful too!

AVOID LAZINESS Thursday - April 7, 2005

“Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!” – Proverbs 6:6 On May 5, 2004, a conductor for the Pennsylvania transit authority spotted a suspicious object on the tracks. It had been less than 2 months since terrorists had attacked a train in Madrid leaving 191 people dead. The object the conductor found and removed was a motion detector transmitter and it was near Philadelphia’s massive 30th street station. Agents from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI soon swarmed the scene. For more than a week investigators were baffled on its purpose.

Finally, a train mechanic stepped forward and admitted installing the transmitter. Was he a terrorist, or a disgruntled employee looking for revenge? No, the mechanic worked the graveyard shift and had installed the motion detector to sound an alarm in his work area whenever his supervisor was approaching. "It was in a perfect place if you wanted to get some sleep and be alerted if your boss is coming," SEPTA security chief James B. Jordan said. "He knew the route his supervisor would be walking across the yard. It appears to be a case of employee misconduct rather than a threat of terrorist activity. I think he is about to begin taking vacation time immediately." Laziness always pays a high price. Today in prayer, thank Christ for the work He has given to you and seek to do it diligently with your whole heart.

“Lay aside the weight of laziness. God is not lazy, nor should His people be! – Wade Hughes, Sr.

God’s Word: “A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing.” – Proverbs 20:4

Very interesting, don't you think? So don't be lazy!

Oh update for those of you praying for Cohen. He's in the hospital in Regina, and will likely be there for the next few days. He has a respiratory virus, but there's been an epidemic of it this year. He's improving, but not out of the woods yet. Please keep praying for him! I still haven't met him yet! :S

2 comments:

carramrod said...

I was going to read your blog, but I didn't feel like it, so I went and had a nap. Maybe I'll read it tomorrow or something.

carramrod said...

I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.
(Oh, Family Guy...)