*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Concert (language warning)

Two Words:
Ian fcukin Thornley.

Holy $h1te did this concert ever kick ass! Let's get a rundown of the concert:
Attenders: Terrin and Piper
Cost: $25 each
Location: The Roxy on Broadway
Volume: Ball rattling

We showed up after the first band, because we really had no desire to see them. So we came between the first two, and then had the pleasure of seeing Hurst, from the former Econoline Crush. They were ok. I laughed to myself for a while, because I found it quite funny that I used to idolize Trevor Hurst. He's a washed up 40 year old in a rock band. But nonetheless, it was quite indulgable to hear some old classics like Sparkle and Shine, All That You Are, and You Don't Know What It's Like. Quite indulgable. I could have done without the new stuff. And Piper and I both agreed that he was a much more gifted guitar player than the guy on stage.

After about a half hour wait came Thornley. I tell you, it was well worth it.
They had an awesome mix of new stuff, along with all the old Big Wreck Favorites. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay for the whole show because we were already an hour and a half late for curfew, but just as we were leaving, they were covering All Apologies. Simply AWESOME! For Big Wreck stuff, they did That Song, Inhale, and Blown Wide Open.

There was also a kick as drum solo. This drummer fucking rocks. He did the usual drum solo thing, but then proceeded to drum with one stick in his mouth while he unscrewed his cymbal, started tossing it up in the air, hitting it, and then muting it again, all in kick ass beat. He then poured water all over his set and played. Quite the lovely display. It rocked.

Best show I've been to all year, I swear. I'd have to say my favorite song they did would have to be a tie with That Song and Down... Easy Comes was a VERY FCUKING close second... I tell you, that guy can drum, and Thornley can sure play some kick ass guitar riffs. Brothers, Kroeker was right:

Best. Show. Ever.

2 comments:

carramrod said...

Ohhhh...what a crazy girl...

Pastor Sheldon said...

haha sounds awesome! Man they did "That Song"? I love that song!! It was on Big Shiny Tunes 3 and that was the first cd I ever bought.