*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, April 25, 2005

My Home!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I'm finally home!!!!! After a very long and hot day at grad and the banquet, I started my trek home at about 8 on Friday night, and made good time. I drove from Saskatoon to Virden in 4 hours, 35 minutes! Of course, I must have been speeding to do that sort of time. But it was late at night, and I wanted to get home and into my pyjamas! So I arrived at 1:35 am, Manitoba time.

My dad woke me up the next morning to let me know that my mom had been in the hospital because she had a gallbladder attack. She was in till Sunday, and now she's out. She's doing better now, thank goodness. So that was pretty interesting. I spent a bit of time in my jammies with my grandma and uncle Ryan while dad went to the hospital to get mom for my great grandmother's funeral.

The funeral was actually pretty good. I mean, no one likes funerals, but you get the point. Pastor Wayne did the ceremony, and it was just really nice. It's not like we were really all that sad or shocked that she died (she was 98), so it was more a celebration of her life. After the service, we went to the legion hall for nasty sandwiches, cheese, and date squares.

I learned that Brett has never tried date squares, so I'm making it my mission to get all the females that I know to drop a pan of them off at his house. Please talk to me, or comment if you're interested in helping the cause. BRETT WILL TRY DATE SQUARES!

After that was a drive to Manson (this is podunk, MB, for those of you who don't know. It's really tiny) for the cemetary thingy. It was also very nice. Jorgia is a moutpiece. A funny one at that. Just sing the McDonald's theme to her, and she goes 'YOU'RE LOVING IT!" Too cute, I tells ya.

After the funeral was hanging out, which we proceeded to do all day.

Sunday was good. I havn't been to my church in AGES! It was so good to see everyone, and get a hug from Taralee. The rest of the day involved napping, watching hockey, going for supper, and watching movies.

Anyway, I'm even starting to get bored with this, so here's a summary of monday:

wake up at noon
print off resumes
eat lunch
mail and drop off resumes
watch tv

soon i'll be watching 24. so there you go!

3 comments:

Becca said...

You are an extremely productive individual, good go get'em attitude Ter... I'm glad you're home, and for cryin' out loud... please get a better job for the summer!

Tyler said...

Hey Ter,

Yea the sandwiches were aweful.

TL said...

Taralee enjoyed the hug, too!
Welcome home, my dear!
You must play bass soon...