*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

My Music

Ok,

You know what? I don't listen to as much music as you think I do. And I don't own as many cd's, or practise my guitar as much as I should. And I don't really sing, or do much, other than what I have to do for church/chapel/other events. It's odd.

I can probably tell you that It's safe to assume that I own less than 50 cds. I don't know how to play any U2, and I don't usually know what the latest song is on the radio, unless you ask me what 102 is playing lately (which is Thornley, Green Day, and The Tea Party). I used to be obsessed with my guitar. When I first started playing, my guitar was my boyfriend. I spent all my time with my guitar, and never left it's side. I used to have a bedroom in the basement, and I'd bring my guitar along upstairs for supper. But now, the odd time I have a stint of everydayness (like for the past couple of days, Joe has inspired me to learn some more Jack Johnson), but for the most part, my guitar looks pretty, and I tell people I know how to play her somewhat.

I'm sure Piper spends countless hours figuring stuff out on his guitar, and I hear Joe doing it in his room (because Nic's is next to Jord and Joe's).

I don't appreciate Coldplay, Radiohead or any of those 'hip bands'. But I know a lot about 90's music. Nirvana, Pearl Jam (oh yeah, Drisner, I do like 'em), Collective Soul, Soundgarden. You name it, I like it.

So there's some insight to Terrin. Maybe I'll tell you more one day, when you're older.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am older.... should we tell everyone about your love affair with Classical Gas!?!?! I heard that song so much it was ridiculous.... but then again you come by it honestly, I can't hang out with your brothers without at least one of them showing me a cool new riff they learned or a song they wrote... ah, good times with the Hays!

Courtney said...

I love that song classical gas...I heard you playing it once before we had the communion SLG. By the way, thanks for doing the worship that day...it was kind of an odd day...things got planned last minute. But thanks.