*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, May 29, 2005

My May

Well, it's been over a month since I got home. And it's flown by.

It's funny. I don't miss school at all. I mean, I miss the people. Nic, Jord, Joe, Eva and a bunch more... but I don't miss it. Don't worry, it's not like I'm not coming back. I know that God has called me to go to Bible college.. and if I stay here, I'll be working at sev for the rest of my life. We don't want that. I don't, Brett doesn't. My mom doesn't. It's just the way it is. So I guess it's 3 more years of school for this chick. But enough about that, it's summer holidays!

Work= frustrating. Sev is so bipolar. I've met some wonderful newbies there, and some not so wonderful ones. And all the classics are still there. There's been a few confrontations, but nothing I can't handle. Believe me, it takes a lot for me to lose it at work, and I've kept my cool so far.

New people I like:

Tina- she's a year older than me, married, and is pregnant with her third kid. We get along like two peas in a pod, and slightly fills the gap of my missing Tessa, whom I miss, and have spent all of like a day with... (tear)... anyway. I met Tina's kids this past week, and they're both adorable... we went for supper together, and had a blast. I love Tina.

Tracey- good times training in the kitchen. This girl is sharp, knows how to do her job, and isn't afraid to ask questions, and have some good talks.

Tamara- Crazy girl. She's graduating soon. Her and Tina are a deadly combination on a shift together. We have so much fun together. I get to train her in the kitchen tomorrow.

Candy- Again, another smart one. She doesn't need any guidance. That, and she fixed the priceguns!!!!

So these people make it worth going to work with, since I'm with at least one of these guys every night. Rochelle, Sue, Kim, Arla and Bert are all there too. I had a bit of a tiff with Bert to start off with, but we're better now, and things are going smoothly.

But there's been some confrontations, some frustrations, crappy hours, and my sickness of working for the company. So thus = JOB SEARCH.....

so far... unsuccessful. But a few hits. I had one interview, but apparently they found I was overqualified for this seemingly too perfect job. It's ok, I'm over it. I got a call from the city of Brandon the other day looking for an interview, but the woman I was suppsoed to call back was out of the office until tomorrow, so I'll be calling her in the morning. Another woman who owns a private day care is also interested in interviewing me.

It's funny, you apply for a million jobs, and you still get nothing! I'm at least thankful that I have sev to fall back on. I have income. So thanks to God for that.

hmmm... more May stuff....

There was the incredible Collective Soul concert. But I blogged about that.

OH! Times with Becca have been so much fun. We've been watching movies and doing stuff together. She's so awesome for letting me crash at her place. She's moving this week though, so I think I'll travel for a week or so.... Beck, you're so awesome, I love hanging with you!

There's been a small amount of Brett time in there too... mostly like saturdays and sundays before I get to work. But what can I do? I've been trying dear!

We played the relay for life concert this past friday, it was REALLY cold, but lots and lots of fun. We had a few technical difficulties, but our show was lots of fun, good fans and stuff... not quite a long enough set, but what can you do, right? I love playin with the boys.

church has been ok. i kind of feel like an outsider now that i'm back. i mean, i'm involved, but it's just odd... likely me, not them. i love people there though. it's good to see them, and it'll be even better when mike and tanya get back next week. so yeah. oh, I'm leading worship a few times this summer too. I don't know why, but I get so nervous about it. I love it, all of it. but i just get so jittery... weird.

i don't have much breaking news.... i should get going, it's late.

3 comments:

kastrukoff said...

I've stil;l been listening to Michelle the past month like CRAZY and it reminds me of you everytime. I love having things that remind me of people... like you and Josie... nachos of doom, banana hamm.... and much much much more.

I'm glad you're having a good time at home!

*grins* byes!

Becca said...

I love you too Ter!

Pastor Matt said...

Terrin, I have only one question...
When are you coming to Weyburn?!?!?!