*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, January 24, 2005

My Ode To Big Sisters


The Howes Family Posted by Hello

So this is my big sister's family. If you look at my sister a little closer, you'll see that there's another one on the way. My sister Leslee is a mom to one big sister, and one big sister to be. Tae and Jo are the coolest girls on the planet. They love to play games with dolls, on the bunk beds at my parent's place (Grampa and Gramma's), and they especially like playing with their Auntie Terrin. But that's not what this post is about.

My big sister is quite possibly the best you could ask for. I have tons of fond childhood memories with Les. She used to take me to places that she babysat at, take me out for ice cream, to the local pool. You know, all that 'aww shucks' childhood-type stuff. Then I became a teenager. I don't think I jived well with many in my family during my first years... probably those 'changes' that all girls go through, lol. But it seems as though I've been forgiven for it. During that time, when I was 12, Les gave birth to Taelin. It was so exciting, I still remember waking up the morning after she was born. It was better than Christmas! I got to babysit Taelin for about the first 3 years of her life... except the first few months. I was still pretty jittery with such a new baby, and it likely wasn't the prudent thing to do to leave her alone with me. But as I matured, I came to love babysitting Taelin.

After Les paired up with Lynt and moved out of dodge, I was quite sad and lonely without them... until I discovered that there's nothing better than escaping home to go visit them. Leslee was always excited to have me come visit, and we always did fun stuff together, and she'd always prod about my newest crush. I have tonnes of good memories staying at their place.

After I moved away from home to Brandon, it then became my turn to have Leslee over. She came to stay with Becca and I for a few days when Breyan gave birth to Jace. It was fun. She met all these friends she'd heard so much about, prodded me more about my current crush, and told Mike that he was a retard... or something like that. Becca could probably tell the story better, because I had to work during that incident.

But yes, she is now getting ready for child #3 to be born, and thus the cycle will continue as Tae and Jo enjoy the responsibility of bigsisterhood. But don't fret, people, they have an awesome example to learn from!

I love you Les!

3 comments:

carramrod said...

Yes, it's all true. There's nothing like cruising down 34th street with Les (who is driving) turned around and yelling at the guy in the back seat beside you, and Becca yelling at yes, and me going to my happy place. Not that there's anything wrong with yelling at Mike. But it probably makes more sense to do it when you're not driving. At least that's the way I see it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hmmm...i would have liked to be there. i may have joined.
TL