*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, January 23, 2005

My Google-Whacking

k, I realize that this is my third post for the day, but this is too damn exciting!!!!!

Anyway, let me tell you 2 nerdly secrets about me.
1. You can name just about any country in the world, and I will be able to tell you it's capital.
2. I love google-whacking. I know. The term sounds a little perverted and confusing. But it's probably not even close to what your dirty little minds are thinking about.

Google-whacking is a game. A nerd game, at that.
In this game, you use www.google.com and enter 2 words that are contained in the english dictionary. The point of the game is to have these two words only bring up one website result (known as a 'google-whack', hence, the game's moniker has been fulfilled).

It's extremely difficult, and there is a reference site to use to see if it's a true 'whack' or not, but I never play by the rules, and consider one website result a bona fide win, no matter what they say.

Here's some wins I've found for me:
Hermeneutical Gleuteus
Homologoumena Potato
Antilogoumena Diarrhea
Platypus Pseudepigrapha
Demythologization Benzoate
Dispensational Arachnoid
Proselyte Potassiums
Deuterocanonical Geraniums

Nicole helped with some of these, so I offer credit where it is due ;-).

One way to tell whether these words are true dictionary words is to look up at the words in the right hand corner after you do a google search. If they are hyperlinked in blue text, you have a word. If they're in black, they ain't in the google dictionary, thus you don't have a whack.

My tips for trying Google-Whacking:
1. Use one really big, obscure word, then add something completely opposite, and usually simple to go with it. Biblical words that no one has ever heard of seem to be quite easy for me.

2. If you get a result with like 4 or 5 pages, try adding 's', or '-ing' to the end of your words, it will narrow the search down a little.

Now, if you haven't been able to tell that I'm a hyper-nerd, then I have great pity for you. Please realize that I'm just trying to be myself, and in turn, I won't tease you when I find out about your Igneous Rock collection, or that you listen to Duran Duran, or Yes.

That's it for the day, I hope!
Blessings!

1 comment:

kastrukoff said...

I listen to Duran Duran..... *raises eyebrow*

Thanks for the credit. Also.. I'm with you... we will be nerds of this generation!