*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Coping Without Television

Ok, well, this year has brought some interesting twists into it that I think will stretch me for the good, as long as I don't let my pride get in the way.

For those of you who are currently unaware. Be forewarned. Yes, the rules are tough, but I agreed to abide by them. Don't send me tips on how to cheat, or to find loopholes and such. I will survive.

This year at CPC, I'm basically not allowed to watch tv shows or movies of any kind in my room. I can watch television in the evenings in the lounge, or watch approved movies after 7pm in the student life center. Groan, right?

Well, at first I thought it was going to be a bigger deal than it really is. I can see this year shaping up to be a crazy spiritual year, which is exactly what anyone here could use. Last year was a little on the dry side. Good... but a little dry, if you ask me.

Last night, we had practise. Joe was leading, and it was just an amazing time of worship, awesome. I must say, Joseph Kendrick, you have grown, and greatly inspired some awesome times of worship last night.

That's not even the end of it! There was a good block of time to chat with some old and some newer friends down at the couches. It's good to see how people are doing, and just joke around with them again.

After a while, Nic and I went to Sobey's to get some junk food, and then we fiddled with my new camera, ate some popcorn, and I started fooling around on my guitar. Someone hears us, and invites us to the student life center, where a bunch of people are sining. I plop down next to none other than the famous Scott Wilson, and plunk on the guitar with him for a bit. It turned into like an hour and a bit of some serious prayer and worship time.

So who knows, maybe I shouldn't judge this rule. Maybe I'll do some much needed growing. We'll see. Pray for me, as I tend to have a bad attitude towards authority, and I also tend to rebel when I think things have reached the ridiculous level. Pray that I'll remain obedient, and to not let my pride get in the way of growing in any way that I can this year, k?

4 comments:

Mrs. Ramsey said...

you know, it's not too late, fishey!

Tyler said...

I have to wonder why people are sining in the student life center! Was it specific sin? Drinking the holy water???

Hope things are well!
Love ya lots

Ty

Mrs. Ramsey said...

ty- ha ha, very funny

fishey- come visit me!

carramrod said...

and why sining? Are they racist against cosines?