*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My New Take at Summer

Well... you guys are out of the loop. Here's the loop.<---- here's you--->.

Let's see.

I quit my job at sev. That's right. QUIT! This week I got a job at the Sherwood personal care home as the assistant to the activity director. For the rest of the summer, I won't be working till the wee hours of the morning, I won't be working weekends (aside from the odd outing and nights of bingo), and I definitely won't be cooking anymore chicken, dealing with disgruntled customers and employees, or hating my job!

I get to exercise, go for coffee, make crafts, go for walks, play bingo and sing songs with the residents at the home. It's going to be quite the change!

So I'm quite excited about that! I'm a little nervous, with the not knowing what exactly to expect thing and all. Quitting was really hard, but my manager took it really well. It's such a relief!

Oh, did I mention that this home is 3 blocks from my house? No? Well it is!!!!!

Work will be a little tricky in the fall, but I believe that God will provide!

In more good and new news, I got a new foster brother today. As most of you know my mom works for CFS, and they've taken on a little boy to come and live with us. He's 11, and his name is Michael. He's a nice kid, not shy at all, seems well-mannered. I'm quite excited to have him around. Plus, he has a PS2. How can you beat that!

Anyway, I have to go prepare for tomorrow, as Becca and I are putting together some stuff for our Canada Day Celebrations!!!

1 comment:

kastrukoff said...

Ter,

I'm super glad you got a job at that place.. time for a change eh? And odn't worry about the fall, it's true, God will provide.. and there is always Macs... rememeber us joking around about it... um.. how it's better.... ok.. so I don't remember what we said.. but it was funny... maybe soemthing about the simpsons or some movie perhaps.... I guess....

Anyways.. and a new little bro... that's awesome! I always wanted one of those.... ah well, I'll settle for my sister's abby when it finally gets here (only a couple of weeks! yahh!). Anyways... hope you're having a good super... stay fit and have fun.