*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My Week

Hey guys! I know I don't do this as often as I should, but working full time, driving every couple of days, and trying to fit family and significant others inbetween is harder than you think!

My summer is going well. It seems soggy so far. Becca moved to a new apartment here in Brandon on 26th street, and it's a very lovely place. It was sad to see her move out of our old place though. I guess it marked the end of our era. But as the Beatles have put it 'life goes on', and so will we, right? And besides, we've had too much fun shopping for things to decorate and accessorize with. I'm quite excited for her!

Work has been fun this week. I was put on days for the week to train the Post Office that we have at our sev, and I've caught on so quickly that they're throwing me in there all by myself next week! Working in a postal outlet is a bit challenging, there's things to remember, and computers! I like computers!

I had a job interview to work 3/4 time at a daycare yesterday. I got along well with the lady, and we hit it off, so I guess we'll see what comes of it. You never know if you're overqualified, or if someone else fits the job better than you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I would get weekends off, and I wouldn't have to work there in the evenings at all! I'll have to do about 10-15 hours a week with sev still, but that's less than two whole shifts. And you'd better believe that I won't be working weekends at all if I get this gig. So yes, it's not as perfect as that other job, but I'd get to hang out with about 8 kids everyday (I'm not sure if that's good or bad), and get to see my Brett at nighttime, just like he wants! I want it too, don't worry!

The dayshift at work is so much more laid back than evenings. You hang out, gossip with Kelly the manager, serve some old people their coffee and daily newspapers. It's nice. I don't even mind having to get up at 6 or 6:30 everyday! Time also flies too, because there's vendors coming, and there's more paperwork to do, and the people are more polite, and not a bunch of whiny kids or punk teenagers.

Yeah. Brett is doing well... I think! I don't really get to see him all that much. I may as well be in Saskatoon! But he's so busy with CASB, and he's got a bunch of other CASB related things, along with moving and doing work on top of that. I miss him so! But we'll get to hang out this weekend, as Kaldon and Heidi are getting married, and we're invited.

Things at mom and dad's are fine too. In case I hadn't mentioned it before, my mom is working with CFS, and she absolutely loves it. It seems like a job that is built for her. She loves doing that type of stuff. My dad has a side job doing some safety work for some petroleum company too. So things seem good there. The boys seem to be doing fine too. Tyler is in the process of publishing his first book, and it looks like it will be a good one. You can check out his blog in my links, or let me know if you're interested in buying a copy. I know I will be.

Other than that, I don't have much more to say. My cheques finally came in. So that's a huge relief! Praise God! Got to run!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Hey Ter, hope u get the job, and thanks for the shameless plug!

luv
Ty

Anonymous said...

Terrin, if you have not done so yet, please Please PLEASE check out myspace.com/foofighters. The Foo are streaming the entire album right now. I'm listening to it RIGHT NOW. It's great. Please check it out.
(Note: this advertisement has NOT been paid for by the Foo Fighters....despite what Dave Grohl tells you).

Mrs. Ramsey said...

sorry smarmypants, i'm waiting till the album comes out