*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Internship: Week One

HOLY CRAP!
I'm officially an intern!

AGGGGH!

It's been pretty awesome so far!

Let's go over some of the details of my life now, shall we?

I am living with an amazingly wonderful family: the Perrons! I've known them for probably the last 10 years or so, they used to live in Virden! I have a cozy little room in the frigid basement (sure to come in handy once it finally warms up around here), and they're an insanely wonderful and talented and loving family. It's basically a second home here! I got to go the Park Theatre this week too to see Felicia sing in a cabaret thing, they sang lots of catchy numbers from musicals like Assassins and Westside Story! I have the ballad of Czolgosyz stuck in my head all day long now! But yeah.

They are the busiest freaking family I've ever met too! They are all doing things, they all have jobs in the city, and only one car! Not to mention church functions as well as afterschool activities! AHHH! Good thing they just acquired a second vehicle to enlist some help (my car).

The church I am interning at is called Weston Gospel Church. It's super good. The have an awesome vision statement, and feel commissioned to know God and make God known, with lots of focus on evangelism and reaching out to northwest Winnipeg. Pastor Alan is a really good guy too. I went to a class on Saturday about finding your gifts and using them in ministry, and it was just awesome. Not to mention a solid message this Sunday morning! I still have yet to meet with him, but we'll get that taken care of this week, he told me to keep doing what I'm doing and get focused on being settled in.

From Tuesday to Friday, I get to go to the church every morning at 6:00 in the A.M. to pray. I thought at first that it would be total and complete DEATH, but it's really good. I don't recall the last time I spent four consecutive days praying for almost an hour! It's been so good too, I've been journaling my prayers, and things are already happening!

The youth are reallygood here too! I'll be working with the band a lot, and they're already pretty tight, just some tweaking and outside advice to keep them growing in skill, and teaching them what it means to worship! I'm so excited! I get to teach Kali a drum lesson sometime tomorrow too!

The kids in the youth group are great too! I'm slowly getting to know their names! We had a great time on Friday night playing AMAZON WOMAN (THE youth game of all youth games!), and hearing a good message and just enjoying a good time in worship. Today, Courtney Bowflex was out from CPC and did a speel over lunch for CPC. I hope some of the grade 12's make the decision to go to Bible college in the fall. It's so important to get to know your word! (DAY 7: David Nasser... more on the book on the call to die blog!!)

I went to the ZOO yesterday!!!! IT WAS AWESOME! I WANT A MARMOSET!

what else... not sure.... it's just been super busy and a lot of early early mornings... oh. I went to costco for the first time... i like samples!!!!

Well, I'm pooped, and it's 11:30. Tomorrow is my day off. i'm going to long and mcquade to get some drum rings, and price out equipment. then i must teach a drum lesson. then i must call up joe and jordan to see if they would be up for some stars!!!

by the way, NIC!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the stars at Polo Park on Friday, and I only got charged 2.87 in manitoba dollars for a grande earl grey misto! WOOT!!!!! (I'm goingt o be going to that stars from now on!)

anyway, peace out. I'll be blogging and commenting on the nasser blog a little more than this one, so feel free to check that one out!

What's up this week:

-general conference help
-yc manitoba with david nasser!
-prayer!

3 comments:

Pastor Matt said...

Sure...you may be interning, but did you just watch a bunch of German rollerbladers (like...over 100) skate buy surrounded by police cars for some reason that you're not entirely sure of because you don't understand German...while reading this blog...?

I didn't think so...

Mrs. Ramsey said...

yeah... well.. so's your face! ha! take that!

Kendar said...

Wow, sounds like you are going to have a busy summer dear. So guess who works at Stars and gets FREE drinks everyday if she wants them?

Uhh-huh, that's right, it's me!