*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Friday, April 28, 2006

My Week of Holidays is Almost Up

Wow. What a "holiday"!

It's been a busy week methinks. Don't get me wrong, I've slept in just aobut every day, and spared enough time to watch my Dr. Phil just about everyday, but it just feels like this week has flown by, and now it' s time to ge my car packed up and ready to go to Winnipeg.

Monday was spent driving into Winnipeg with Nicole. She had some orientation stuff for her job in The Pas to go to, and I had a meeting with the pastor at the church I'll be at until January. It was probably the most memorable 'interview' I've ever been to.

First things first, I am usually so nervous for interviews that I can barely talk. It's just such an intimidating experience that I have trouble even finding my own words. I usually take hours and hours obsessing over what I'm going to wear and what I will say, and figuring out which questions they will ask.

But not this time! It was a good'un. We actually had most of the interview in the Emergency Room at Health Sciences Center! Of all places to have an interview! It actually turns out that Fishey's mom was in a minor car accident and had been waiting upwards of 5 hours to see a doctor in emerg, so we went to go see how she was doing, and we talked about the summer there. I had a good chance to ask questions, and to hear a little bit of what is going to happen for the summer there. I can't wait until it gets started!

Tuesday I spent the whole bloody day cleaning upstairs and in my new room down on the main floor. I went through all of my storage stuff and organized it so that it was alone in the small room upstairs, ready to go to the basement once it's cleared out and ready to go. I also did another billion loads of laundry... laundry never seems to end I tell you!

Wednesday I was a little bored, but I took my grandma out to run an errand, and then I mowed her grass... in shorts!!!!! The only pair I own, actually... which brings us to Thursday...

Mom and I went shopping!!!! I only have one pair of shorts that I got from the free box at school... so mom and I went on an extravaganza where she spoiled me with Warehouse One shorts and tshirts. I have such nice parents! I forgot to take my guitars in to Surridges though. GRR!!!! I totally forgot to do that! My acoustic needs a setup so bad, and my acoustic bass needs to get something fixed on it. AGH! I can't believe I forgot to take them in!

All well... I guess I can go a while without getting them fixed.... I want to get my acoustic bass sold anyway! (any takers????)

What else.....

I'm still trying to sell my desktop computer. I know of someone who may be interested in the tower... so if that sells, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse set, along with a 17" monitor, and a great altec lansing speaker/subwoofer set for sale....

I have been in love with the Stanley Cup Playoffs all week. I've seen at least one game every night! I must say that Ottawa is still a big favorite of mine... I watched a bit of the Montreal game on Monday and saw the whole thing on Wednesday. Jeremy, my prayers are with you and Sakku Koivu. Go Sens!

Sunday is Pastor Mike's last day... I think that's going to be tough. But at least I'll get to see everyone one last time before I take off as well. I am definitely going to miss going to the Dwelling Place for the next 8 months! All well... I'm sure January will be here a lot faster than I anticipate!

Ok.. try to make this the last paragraph! I have no idea exactly what's going to be panning out over the summer! All I know is that it's very exciting! So keep me in your prayers, because I'm basically scared out of my wits, because I have no idea what to expect! I can't wait to get to the Perron's though. I know I will have a total blast with them folks!!!

LATER!

1 comment:

Leslee said...

I am so sad to see you go...(:() I think that a friend and I may come up to Winnipeg hopefully sometime in May or June...I can VISIT!!!!
Love you, Have a fun time...BE SAFE!!!!!