*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, April 17, 2006

My Distaste for Deodorant and Towels

I seem to dislike deodorant and towels. I forgot to pack them both. That makes for an interesting morning combination, I tell you! You see, you could probably forget any other two items, and be fine, but deodorant and a towel seems to be the only two non-negotiables in my world.

Let's look at other things I could have left at home:

one pair of underwear- doesn't make a big deal, since I packed another 6. I can wash those!
toothbrush- I have on of those here already
contact solution- I have glasses (though I do have a good story about contacts that I'll tell at the end of the post)
toothpaste- steal someone else's from teh bathroom
makeup- don't wear it everyday anyway
face wash- we have soap in dispensers here if worse came to worst
moisturizer- may be important, but not as big a necessity
comb- have a crazy hair day!
shampoo/conditioner- meh. i rarely wash my hair anyway... i have elastic bands here anyway

i can't think of anything else.
this was the worst morning ever!

on a funnier note, i have a good story to tell you about the other night at home.

you see, i spent the afternoon and a good part of the evening with my lovely brett, and he dropped me off at about 11 pm manitoba time. so i chatted with mom and dad for a few minutes and they tell me that my sister and her hubby are at my brothers' house, so i proceed to hang out with them until about 1 am. i then settle in my bedroom at mom and dad's and get my new laptop up and running so i can watch an episode of 24. I set my contact case on the edge of the laptop for after i go to the bathroom and get into my jammies.

i stand up, and the case goes flying onto the floor. where's the one place it lands? the register... the uncovered register.... no big deal, i go out to my car and get my solution, and grab one of my many cases from the bathroom. i notice that it's already about 1:30, and if i want a good sleep AND an episode of 24, i need to hussle. so i squirt some solution into my case and rip out my lenses and head to bed.

yesterday, about halfway home, i relieved an itch on the corner of my eye, only to find this horrid yellowish goop in BOTH my eyes. yep, they're infected. I didn't take the extra 4 seconds that it takes to clean out my lense case with hot water. so now my eyes are permapink. they look awful, and they're very itchy. and i left my eyedrops at home. eyedrops are not cheap either, so i'm probably just going to suffer in my glasses all week.

i hate my life!