*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My John Donne Moment

...No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for Thee...

There's some John Donne for you, Jana.

Anyway, on with the blog.

I've noticed lately, with the help of some very good friends, that I am somewhat of a hermit (not that I've never noticed this ever, but lately, my hermitness is more than a good dose). It's not entirely a bad thing. Time alone is awesome. But as Johnny says... no man (or woman) is an island. Every person needs the help of others to encourage and be edified.

So what's a girl to do with her discovery? I dunno... I guess we'll see what the future brings. But I am deciding to write off being a complete hermit for the next while. I don't think anything really bad could come of it.

Anyway, this was intended to be a short blog, so there you go. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh we should hang out more! I'm kind of turning into a hermit too! I haven't left my room for anything more than a class or a meal all day.