*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, October 24, 2005

My Poor Sensitive Eyes!


The battle of brightness has begun.

First, since my first slumber here at school this year, I have realized that my bed is in the wrong spot. I wake up every morning to the bliding affects of the sun, and although I greatly appreciate the tranquilness of my fortress of solitude, this is the one aspect I can't stand about my little home away from home.

So why don't you re-arrange your room, Terrin?

Funny you should ask that. I did re-arrange. And it was everything a girl could dream of, until a horribly unfortunate and fateful trip to Wal-Mart.

You see, we were perusing the electronics section, and came across some cool alarm clocks. Some were big, so people with bad eyesight could see it from acroos the room, there was another cool one that projected the time directly on the wall, and another one. The one I bought. It's blue, it's big, and it looks cool.

So I set up this saucy little feature, excited about not having to wake up with the sun blinding my eyes in the morning. I put on my pj's and rolled on into bed, and was very excited to fall asleep. But this didn't happen! Why? There was no bloody darkness for me to fall asleep in! It turns out that this alarm clock must have been designed for those afraid of the dark, because it emits this supersonic 'blue haze' with it's powerful lcd lights. It's like sleeping in a room with Ralph Wiggum.

This alarm clock has to go! It's so cool looking though!
Check it out: that blue stuff underneath is an optional blue light, and it looks ubercool.

But alas, I have lost two night's worth of sleep, and I don't believe that having a cool alarm clock is worth that much sleep. So it will go back to the store, or be regifted to someone. I'm getting that one that projects on the wall, and then I'm gonig to point it at the ceiling. It's red. And normal looking.

Later.


oh, and PS:



in case you can't read it, it's my english literature midterm. I got an 84. This was my scariest exam.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha....your blog made me laugh...very indulgable read! That clock is cool but ghetto....and i cant believe you put your exam mark on here hahahahaha....that's awesome. Good job!! Are you gonna post your other 5 lol???

Anonymous said...

congrats my friend, congrats.
I only hope i did half as well on mid-terms...well maybe more than half, a B would be nice, at least a C
ciao

Anonymous said...

Haha I love how you called your room "Fortress of Solitude". If I had no roommate I would write that on my door.
I love your clock story!! If they ever have an open dorm at night, I should show you the beast of a light on my computer. If I leave it on at night our whole room glows green. It's like night vision.

Anonymous said...

Terrin, I'll take your clock off your hands, I'm pretty scared of the dark myself...har!

Anonymous said...

Actually Terrin when I first saw the alarm clock I was a little concerned about the whole light issue. I didn't say aything because you were so excited about it! I'm glad you can still get another one! I look forward to seeing it!!! Play me to sleep again tonight!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I hate you Terrin!! Actually no I don't, I love you, but I hate your mark!! How could you beat me by five percent?!?!?! Not that you can’t be smarter than me, that’s a strong possibility but I am so nerdy in that class… fricken 79%

Anonymous said...

jana, you're just going to have to face it. I am smarter than you.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the marks Terrin! I'm sure your mom and dad would be proud :)