*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Missing My Old Friends

*Disclaimer: this is an emo post*

Wow

summer is almost over.
My internship is almost half over.

I went to Sobey's before I came to the church today for spinach dip, and it reminded me of Nicole.
I received an email from my dear friend Jana today, and it caused me to miss her.
I saw Rebecca last week at a wedding, and the very short time that we had to have a deep conversation made me realize that I miss her.
Brett was in for a few days this week, and hanging out with him makes me miss him more when he's not here.

I saw Andew Plett as well (aka, uncle clarence), and he commented that i looked more grown up. little may he realize, but it almost made me a little sad. I miss those times where rebecca and i got away with pranking his house because we were the 'rowdy youth'. i miss staying up until four in the morning and having to be at work in a couple of hours....

but growing up does have its advantages. i don't really feel like listing them right now though...


But I went to the Willow Creek Summit this week, and it caused me to ask myself questions...
like why i want to be in ministry... do i really believe that there is no higher calling? do i believe that Jesus can use me to minister to the world around me? do i really believe that there is a difference between hoping for revival and inviting my neighbor to church?

what would be the difference between living an ok life and the one God has called me to?
would it be so bad to have an average existence? would the white picket fence ever be satisfying?

blah... don't worry, this isn't a meltdown. i know that God has called me, I know exactly what I am doing. But sometimes i just have to pinch myself to make sure it's all real.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...Hanging out till 4 and having to be at work in a couple hours...Missing that?? I think that you have a case of what I get sometimes...Mostly in the spring...Oh what life used to be like with NO RESPONSIBILITIES sickness...I feel for you, I really do.

Jana said...

Aww, I miss you too. I hope that my internship will be as amazing as yours sounds. And hey, I am sure that a Pastor can still get away with pranking Uncle Clarence’s house....

Pastor Matt said...

Oh Terrin, even though you didn't mention me I know I'm at the top of your missing list (at least in my mind).

See you at modules!

carramrod said...

Wait. If you're pinching yourself why do you have to pinch me as well?

Mrs. Ramsey said...

because we're a team!

ecclesiastes 4:9-10
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!


HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »