*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nicole Made Me

Ok,

So. David Nasser. A Call to Die.

Who's in?

Here's the 'deets' (as my hip friends would call them):

WHAT: We're doing a very very cool devotional book written by David Nasser called "A Call To Die". It consists of a 40 day fast from something you hold dear so that you can become more intimate with God. Here's what David Nasser's website says about the book: " A book/journal focusing on what it means to live for Christ by daily dying to self. For 40 days, the reader will fast from the world to feast on God.

WHO: Anyone wanting to fast as a group, to be accountable, to have a great start to the summer, and plot your plans for world domination with a clearer conscience, and maybe lose a bit of weight if you decide to fast those rice cakes (they're so fattening... but so good!!!!)

WHERE: You'll be doing the book and devotions on your own, but we are going to have an online community blog thing where you can share in your journey, and keep in contact with your friendly friends at CPC. By the way, I've seen the book. Those of you who like nice looking books will get your very own gorgeous copy.

WHEN: The devotional will start at the very end of the school year/beginning of summer. We decided that this time would be best because:

1. you don't have to read books for school during the summer, silly!

2. the summer can be a difficult time, as you can get out of the habit of devotions, and it can be hard to stay accountable if you don't have solid Christian influences in your life.

3. I never got a single letter from any of you, excpet Nicole Kastrukoff. I want more mail!!!!!!!


HOW: You can sign up for this by contacting Terrin or Nicole by March 15th 2006 at 12 midnight. The book can only be ordered from David Nasser's website (what Christian bookstore would sell a book about dying anyway?) as a bulk order so we can maximize our savings on SHIPPING!!!!! The book will cost you approximately 25-29 dollars, depending on who signs up. (Matt, yours is automatically $29, just for making me wait an extra week to watch 24!)

I personally think that it's going to be a great opportunity for growth, and a great time to get to know each other and stay strong during the summer.

If you're interested in signing up, you can leave a comment on mine or Nicole's blog, or talk to us directly.

If you want more information about the book, check out David Nasser's website, talk to Jordan McLellan (he's currently going through it), or email Nicole or myself at

terrinhay@gmail.com or kastrukoff@gmail.com

now....

SIGN UP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terrin. You don't know me, but I found your post on Jeremy's Blog, then looking through your pictures, I saw someone I know...LESLEE! I talk to her on MSN once in a while and Shelley (my wife) and I are planning to head to see her and Lynton soon...just not sure when...
Just thought I'd say hi so "HI!"
Joel Sopp

Kendar said...

dude I'm in.

Stephanie said...

Hey Terrin. I'm interested in doing the Nasser thing.

Leslee said...

As if Joel Sopp found my sister's blog!!! Who is the Jeremy that you know that knows Terrin??