*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Friday, February 24, 2006

My Boredom on a Lonely Friday

All of these are in no pacticular order.

7 Things I would like to do before I die:

1. Visit every continent in the world!!!
2. Get Married
3. Have Children
4. Try something completely out of character (like scuba diving, or base jumping, or learn gymnastics or interpretive dance or something!!!)
5. Be the only one in a public movie theatre (besides those I am with)- Nicole and I were so close when we went to see Valiant... stupid mom and her little kid!
6. Write a book or a cd or something. I'm not much of a writer, so this is a massive task
7. Master one instrument without getting tired of it and then learning something brand new (eg: piano, trumpet, guitar, bass, drums and piano again.)

7 Things I can't do (yet):
1. buy my own furniture
2. have my dream career
3. look down from a high place without my feet tingling
4. play an instrument in front of loved ones (especially Brett) without getting really nervous and flustered
5. go on the internet while i'm in the bathroom (that will be fixed soon when tax time comes around)
6. play 2m7, 57, 1M7 in the chord cycle for piano lessons
7. listen to rap music. (i hope i never can)

7 Things that i'm into at the moment
1. Curios George
2. Practising piano (sorry for all the piano comments, I just got out of my lesson)
3. Planning things with Nicole like the "A Call to Die" blog, and coming up with ideas for the new school name
4. Emailing Brett and not getting any response, but continuing to email in hopes that he will. (even though it's tax season, and i'm sure he's either out of the office or totally swamped and stressed. but hey, maybe he gets a laugh out of it)
5. Trying to spend my cash better, and also trying to come up with ways to afford my way through this semester without having to go crawling back to 7-Eleven.
6. drinking iced tea when i start craving starbucks (ok, i caved today and went to Tim's but that's partly because it was F-f-f-freezing in the chapel, and i had TWO classes in there, and it was a chance to chat with Joe for a bit on the walk there)
7. Listening to really quiet, somber worship like music and thinking, reading the Word or talking to God. It's very peaceful, and it beats just surfing the web.

7 Things that I'd like to get into or get into more:
1. The Word
2. Prayer/fasting
3. Exercise
4. Making more friends, especially since i might only have Nicole for maybe another semester, then I'll be on my own during my internship and my last year :S
5. Having Biblical conversations with my closer friends. It doesn't happen nearly enough
6. Leading more worship/not feeling so apathetic about playing drums all the time (even though about a year ago, it was like heaven to get to play drums.
7. Making better investments and life choices.

7 Things I say most often:
1. i'll have a venti earl grey misto, extra hot with whip please
2. nicole, my wallet hurts!
3. why hasn't he responded???
4. i am in love with the olympics!
5. you gotta get under that teaching
6. jana, you left _____ at/in _____
7. please practise your drums!!!

7 Cd's I could listen to over and over: (as you can tell, I'm bad with album titles)
1. Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
2. Foo Fighters (any album but 1x1)
3. Hillsong- Blessed and You Are My World
4. Michelle Branch- Hotel Paper (again, and again, and again! i LOVE this cd)
5. Third Day - Time
6. DC Talk- Jesus Freak and Supernatural
7. Billy Talent

7 Movies I watch Over and Over:
1. Josie and the Pussycats
2. Curious George (even though I've only seen it once, i know i'm buying it when it comes out!)
3. Anchorman
4. The Princess Bride
5. Ocean's Eleven
6. Be Cool
7. Zoolander

4 comments:

kastrukoff said...

I really want watch a movie just us in the theatre... *puppy sigh*

Maybe when Curios George is dying out of the cheap seats!!!!!!!,,,, maybe?

I love you Ter-bear!

Leslee said...

I want to see that Curious George movie!!!! Movies make GREAT gifts...Hint hint...I mean for Christmas...NO MORE TOYS for the neices and nephews PLEASE!!!

I think I may have to steal this 7 things blog...But not right now, it's too much to think about!

Jana said...

hey hey I don’t leave stuff everywhere, unless it’s my coffee mugs... But hey, I haven’t asked you what class we have next ALL SEMESTER! : )
Thanks for finding my cell by the way.

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the movie, but the book brought lots of smiles. I always felt a little like george...

Do you know the story of the creators of Curious George?

"In 1940, the German Nazi army was marching toward Paris, France and people were fleeing with the clothes on their back. Two unknown Jewish artists gathered a few belongings and got on bicycles to flee away from the German Army. Among their limited possessions, Hans and Margaret Rey carried their unpublished watercolor drawings. Eventually these drawings became the first Curious George book. Today more than 30 million Curious George books have been sold worldwide. Here’s the link to download this 10–minute MP3 interview with Louise Borden."

Thought that was interesting, and made me wonder... what would I take with me if I had to leave quickly - would it bring as much joy to others in the future as Curious George?

Marnie