*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, February 06, 2006

My Weekend in Winnipeg with Brett

Well, I have a few minutes to spare.

Winnipeg was so much fun, and I'm so exhausted from the whole ordeal, but it was well worth it!

I got home on Wednesday night and hung out with my parents for Thursday as well. I basically got up at noon, showered, watched Dr. Phil and played piano all day long. Funny sidenote, I went to Timothy Beans because I was craving an Italian Soda, and their debit machine went down, so since they already had my drink made up, I got it for free... talk about favor!

Friday, I woke up early and headed into Brandon to visit my best friend Tessa and her new baby girl, Jennifer Robyn. She's quite the little cutie! I also had a nice chat with Tessa and it was really nice to see her again. Hopefully we'll visit some more when I get home for reading week. Anyway, here are some pictures of that event (Jennie looks just like her uncle Nolan!)


Me and Jennifer


Mommy and baby


Jennifer Robyn Klein

At lunchtime, I had to take off and pick up the boy, and we went out for lunch at Arby's. Why doesn't anyone like that place? I mean, how can you go wrong with liquid cheese, bbq sauce and roast beef? You can't, that's how! Anyway, just as we were leaving, Brett had to go freshen up, so I was waiting by the door, and lo and behold: a waffle was sitting under a tire in the parking lot... This picture alone could pay for my camera!:


Waffle Tire????

Anyway, after lunch, we headed into Winnipeg and listened to Nicole's superawesome mix (that I
accidentally left in Brett's car!!! GRRR!), and went to the Perron's to hang out for a bit. In the evening, we killed like a whole disc of Full House, and watched Muppets in Space. What a night! Well, after that we went to some bar called The Pyramid to go see Brett's alltime favorite band of all time- The Waking Eyes!!!

Some band called The Morning After opened for them, and they were actually quite good too (we missed the first band... the first band always sucks anyways). I think I would probably buy a Morning After cd just to see if I liked them better. Anyway, it was quite entertaining, because we got pretty much to the front after the second band was done, because people were busy getting drinks. God bless the covenant! So yeah, the Waking Eyes were even better live than I remembered, and they played a bunch of new songs, did some jamming and had a good old fashioned time in their hideous suits. Brett and the band's bass player, Joey were at BU at the same time, so Brett went and said hi to him, and Felicia and I hung around, trying not to be groped by people there, and gosipping over this one girl who definitely wanted to get laid that night.

During the concert, my ass kept getting grabbed too. Not impressed. But what can you do, right? If you go to a bar at 12am, expect some ass grabbing to happen. Here's some cool pictures from the evening:


Fellow Attenders to the concert


Rusty, in his southern Sunday-Best with a green tie


Joey playing the double bass


Felicia and I


Rusty playing the trumpet during the last song, Joey in the background


Beer bottles everywhere!!!!


Poor, poor Matt had a cold. He looked like death itself!



Anyway, that's the first half of the big weekend. I'm getting tired of typing and posting pictures, so come back later for part two!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ass grabbing doesn't happen just after 12 am... I do it to you all day long Terrin...
I missed you in the worst way this weekend.

Anonymous said...

What is with the ass grabbing that went on this weekend??? Terrin, you HAVE TO ask Stephani about her experiences...You've probably already heard....And NO...I don't want to know!

Anonymous said...

holla if you like your ass grabbed by strangers!!.....(cricketcricket) anyway, the concert was excellent I had a wonderful time 'cant wait to see ya agin!
ciao

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish someone would flatter me by giving me a good hard grab...wait no, that sounded wrong...

Good hard squeeze...

There, much better...

Anonymous said...

Terrin.......could you say hi to Christine Toews if you see her?

Anonymous said...

matt... you're weird