*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Childhood

At a long and wonderful "let's skip class to go to Starbucks and drink a Venti-London Fog" coffee with Nicole, we got into a lot of serious talking. She's such a good friend. You all need a friend like Nicole (but you can't have her, she's MINE! lol). Anyway, the talk was very serious, and we got into childhood stuff.

This afternoon, I was thinking more and more about my childhood, and despite some of the awful stuff that happened, I had a lot of fun. Yeah I was teased a lot and it did a lot of damage, but I had a wonderful family. I just spent a lot of time being tortured by it. But it's in the past, and I think that God will show me how to heal, and is starting to prepare me for that. So that's very comforting. Anyways, after a moment of serious thought, I turned to thinking of the things I enjoyed about my childhood. And then I was reminded of a favorite cartoon: REN AND STIMPY! YES! So I've had the royal canadian kilted yaksmen song in my head ever since. Here's the lyrics:

Our country reeks of trees
Our yaks are really large
And they smell like rotting beefcarcasses
And we have to clean up after them
And our saddle soars are the best
We proudly wear woman's clothing
And searing sand blows up our skirts

And the buzzards, they soar overhead
And poisonous snakes will devour us whole
Our bones will bleach in the sun
And we will probably go to *thbppth*
And that is our great reward
For being the-uh Ro-yal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhh, memories. I could do the 'log' song. But not today. It's about the royal canadian kilted yaksmen today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good old Ren and stimpy, i can just barely remember that show, it was on muchmusic right? Anyhow glad y'all had a good talk, those are good to have now n' then, hope the semester finishes well for ya, hopefully the three of us can take one more shot at the 50/50 draw before Christmas... and yeah i agree that Nicole girl must be a GREAT friend

Anonymous said...

OH terrin without you I would never make it on the van for speical ensemble! I want to thank you for that very very much! You are a nice girl and you always have the perfect things to say to me when i'm happy or mad!!!

Anonymous said...

I like my friend Terrin.. and I feel for her re. your childhood... but I'm not such a fan of that song....

Anonymous said...

Hey Terrin,
Starbucks?? I so think I need to visit there this afternoon!
Hmm, no matter what things were bad - I'm glad you had a good fam! I think that's most important!
I love you.. and will miss you! Wahhhh..

Anonymous said...

hey you know whats weird, your comment counter says there are 4 comments but there are only three tho I suppose mine now makes 4 and maybe now it will say 5...ooooo
ciao