*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's Not About Me (As If You Should Do Things My Way)

So after my formal invitation to you all yesterday to my pity party, Ireceived a healthy God-given dose of

IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU, TERRIN!

The blow came to me yesterday when I found out that someone at work died. I was shocked. I know that it comes with the territory, but I would never have guessed that she would be someone to die this summer. I really, really liked her. We had many chats, and she came out on lots of outings, hung out with me and the dog, and I got to know her a little. She had two kids, and loved her family dearly. The only thing that saddens me is that as far as I know, she wasn't a Christian. (Before you judge me and ask why I never asked her about Christianity, the home does have rules outlining people pushing about whatever religion they're peddling. I could only witness if she initiated the conversation).

At work, I have this summer project at work where I make what they would call 'storyboards'. It's my pet project. I do an interview with a resident, take pictures, and piece together like a scrapbook page of stuff for them and put it up on their door. This woman's was the second one I ever did. She was a neat lady. She had some sauce, and definitely entertained me. I liked coming to bug her and asked her lots about her family and life. I'm going to miss her for the rest of the summer. So with that all said, rest in peace, Belle. I sure hope you got tomeet Jesus somewhere along the way.

The funeral is tommorrow (Thursday) so please pray for her family. Even though someone is old, it is still hard when they die.

1 comment:

kastrukoff said...

I read this yesturday, but I find it shocking that I forgot to comment...

but all I can think of saying is I read this.