*WARNING!*

You are now under the influence of my opinions. Proceed with Caution!

Monday, August 08, 2005

(for here) My Heart is Satisfied Within Your Presence

Well, whether we choose to do something about it or not, God is at work in our lives.

This past week has been a really awesome week with me. Not that anything spectacular happened or I had some breakthrough or epiphany or something. I just sort of came to a realization that I'm trying to steer my own ship. It's wrong. God's the one steering.... and if He's steering, and I want to go in a different direction, I'm essentially treading water. Do I want to do that? No.

So upon that realization, my whinging and despair over returning to school came to a screeching halt, and I went and bought school supplies with Brett on Saturday. Then Sunday, I started packing away all my books, and making a mental list of all those things that need to be bought before I leave (or perhaps when I arrive, if Nic wants to spend some quality time shopping ;).

This Sunday is my turn to lead at church again. I'm so terrible at picking out songs. It just takes a lot more thought than you'd think. And prayer, and testing them out to see what goes with what. In my head, I've really been circling around the song Give Us Clean Hands lately, and I think it really makes a statement about the direction that I'm trying to steer myself into (and away from the pit of self-despair). So, in this attitude, I think I'll post my mission statement for the next little bit, until I get it right:

We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
O Spirit come make us humble

We turn our eyes
From evil things
O Lord we cast down our idols

Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another

And O God let us be a generation that seeks
That seeks Your face, O God of Jacob

So yeah, I guess I can change all the we's and our's to me's. I need to be humbled, I need to cast down the idols that I've built up, and I need to set aside my time so that I become a person that seeks God's face. Who's with me?

2 comments:

kastrukoff said...

I'm with you!!!

*Sings*
"Me bow our hearts,
Me bend our knees"..

Sorry.. couldn't help myself.. but I'm totally with you... read my post... the whole Greece/New Zealand thing.. it'd be steering my own ship... and why would you want to steer your own when the person who wants to do it for you will make better choices that will benefit you more in the end!

Oh.. and yeah, I'll do some shoppy shoppy with you Ter... I will! I'm still unsure what I'm doing yet with schjool stuff.. do I want to use notebooks, duotangs, binders or clipboards.. can't decide.. ah well.. it's not a huge thing...

Later days!

Mrs. Ramsey said...

oh la la~

i'm using a clipboard/notetaker thing and then transferring things to binders this year, i think it will work excellently!